We will only process your information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For the purposes of UK and EU data protection legislation, the data controller is OceanX, 37 West 39th St, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10018, USA, 929-286-9410, Admin@oceanx.org
2. Information We Obtain
OceanX may obtain personal information through this Website, including:
* Contact information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
* Information that you provide in the course of submitting mission idea proposals, such as your name and contact information, job title and company name, employment and background information, details of the project proposal (name and affiliation of principal investigator, description and goal of the project, fields of research associated with the project, overview of scientific methods, timing, length, and intended location of the project, information on existing and needed funding for the project, and information contained within the proposer’s resume/CV; and
* Other personal information you voluntarily provide to us, such as information contained in correspondence, and marketing and communications data including your preferences or data provided through online forms.
We may also automatically collect, store, and use information about your visits to the Website, such as:
* Technical information, including the Interpret protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier and characteristics, your login information,
time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location;
* Information about your visits and use of the Website, including the number and frequency of your visits to the Website, full Uniform Resource Locations (URL), clickstream to, through and from our websites, information regarding websites accessed immediately before and after your visit to this Website, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used;
* Information collected by cookies on our Website (see more on cookies below)
3. Cookie Usage Information; Do Not Track
Cookies and local storage may be set and accessed on your computer. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, if you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of our Website. Additionally, if you clear all cookies on your browser at any point after setting your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent, you will have to again reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device or browsers.
We or our service providers may use one or more of the following cookies for the purposes set forth below.
o Analytics and Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Website and how users use our Website. The information gathered includes the number of visitors to our Website, the other websites that referred them to our Website, the pages that they visited on our Website, the time of day they visited our Website, whether they have visited our Website before, and other similar information. This information is aggregated, and does not identify any individual users. We use this information to help us improve how our Services work and to gather demographic information.
o Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Website and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Website and help the
content you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the functionality that you have requested cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with this functionality.
o Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our Website to remember the choices you make when using our Website, such as remembering your login details. These cookies are used to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences upon each visit to our Website.
o Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on our Website, and when you engage with our content through a social media networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
You can find more information about cookies and how they work, what cookies have been set to your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
Please note: our website is not designed to respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals received from browsers.
4. How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
* Provide you with information and Services that you request from us;
* Communicate with you (and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your explicit consent to do so);
* Manage opportunities for missions and other collaborations with Alucia Productions;
* Enforce the terms and conditions and any contracts entered into with you;
* Send you information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, and other administrative information;
* Remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it;
* Track and understand how you use and interact with the Website;
* Personalize your experience on our Website;
* Perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
* Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Services (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our Website, products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications);
* Measure the usability of the Website and the effectiveness of our communications;
* Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Website and prevent misuse;
* Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
* Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies.
In compliance with relevant law, we may retain information as needed or appropriate to serve our legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
5. Disclosure of Information We Obtain
We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or a third party’s rights, for example, in response to a court order, subpoena, a request by a law enforcement agency, or to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of any third party; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to disclose the information to any third party to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of our websites or our network; and to protect the rights, property and safety of Alucia Productions, the users of our Website, and the public.
We also reserve the right to share or transfer any personal information we have about you in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business (including in the event of a divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), if all of substantially all of our assets are acquired by the third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets. We may also disclose personal information to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to establish, exercise or defend our rights, our agents and representatives, or others.
6. Your Rights With Respect to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to and correction of personal information that pertains to you. If you wish to know what personal information we have about you and request a copy of the same, to update or change any incorrect personal information, to ask us to stop collecting, processing and using your personal information in certain ways, to request the portability of your personal information, or to raise concerns regarding automated decision making processes, please contact us at Admin[at]oceanX.org. We reserve the right to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. We may refuse to comply with a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive in nature. We may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply. We may refuse a request for erasure of personal information, for example, where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for record-keeping and research purposes.
To opt out of receiving direct marketing communications, such as commercial emails, or to unsubscribe from our services, please contact us at Admin[at]oceanx.org or use the “unsubscribe” link in the emails.
7. Security and Protection of Personal Information
Unless you instruct us otherwise, we will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to maintain lawful business purposes, or pursuant to applicable law or regulation.
8. Security of Personal Information on Third Party Websites
This Website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by third parties not affiliated with Alucia Productions and that are not under our control or supervision. Linked third party websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, or no policies at all. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of other sites to see how your personal information will be treated by third parties or handled on the third party sites before providing them with your personal information. We are not responsible for the
content of any websites that are not affiliated with Alucia Productions, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
9. Information From Users Outside of the United States; Consent to Transfer Information
Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not intend to collect and will not knowingly collect personal information from or about children under the age of 18. If a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, that children’s parent or legal guardian should contact us at email admin[at]oceanX.org if they would like the information submitted by that child to be deleted from our records. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
12. Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
13. How To Contact Us